After our video on how to cook polenta, we thought it was a pretty good idea to show you one of the many things we like to do with it, which in this case is polenta fries. Polenta is either sold in blocks already cooked, as pre-cooked flour, or raw. It doesn’t really matter which kind of it you can find; as long as you follow our recipe you will always end up with perfect fries.
- For this recipe you need a block of polenta ready to be sliced. This can be done by following our recipe on how to cook polenta, or simply by cooking some instant polenta, pouring it into a square container and letting it cool down completely until it solidifies.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (430°F).
- Slice the block of polenta and then cut the slices into chunky fries-sized pieces, roughly 1cm (or half an inch) thick.
- Place the fries onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper, place the tray into the oven and bake the fries for 15 minutes.
- Once the time has elapsed, flip the fries bottom side up and bake for another 15 minutes to complete the recipe.
Preparation Time: 5m
Cooking Time: 30m
Total Time: 35m
Cooking Temperature: 220°C - 430°F