One of the most popular Italian ways to enjoy a meal during a hot day is to have it cold! There are many preparations that can be enjoyed straight from the fridge, but we feel that pasta salads are among the best available. This delicious dish will not only give you that refreshing feeling that you are looking for, but it will also deliver a huge punch of Italian flavour to your daily eating. Let your Italian friends at The Vegan Corner indulge you with this dish, we promise you won’t be disappointed in the slightest. ;)
8cherry tomatoes (5oz)
1 smallgarlic clove
¼ tspapple vinegar
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, scoop out the seeds, and the cut the tomatoes into smaller pieces. Reserve the seeds for a later use.
- Cut the olives into quarters.
- Pile the basil leaves on top of each other and chop them finely.
- Finely slice the garlic and then press it with the flat of the knife pulling it towards you. Repeat the motion, crushing a little garlic at the time.
- To make the condiment, place the tomatoes, the olives, the basil, the garlic, the vinegar, a pinch of black pepper, a pinch of salt and a pinch of oregano into a bowl large enough to accomodate all the ingredients, and stir the ingredients well. If the mixture seems a bit too dry, add some of the reserved tomato seeds and juice to thin it down.
- Add the cooked pasta into the bowl and mix well to complete the dish. Remember to taste the salad and adjust salt if necessary.
Serving Size: 200g Calories: 180kcal Carbohydrate: 39g Starch: 30g Sugar: 1.7g Fiber: 7g Fat: 1.5g Saturated Fat: 0.2g Unsaturated Fat: 1.3g Protein: 4.1g Sodium: 140mg Water: 154g