This delicious dish uses an eternally underrated vegetable that proves the phrase ‘it’s what’s on the inside that counts’. Sure, with its lumps and bumps it isn’t a looker, but it has a deliciously distinctive flavour that forms the basis of this mouth-watering and filling meal. This recipe yields simply one of the most amazing low-fat vegan soups, and it’s so simple to make. All you need are a few quality ingredients, including a clever use for an everyday condiment that will act as celeriac’s BFF. It’s a flavour dream-team. The payoff? An unbelievably smooth bowl of cream-coloured velvet that you won’t be able to resist.
- Peel and dice the celeriac and the potatoes.
- Place all the chopped vegetables into a pot, followed by the stock (or water).
- Turn the heat on to high and bring the liquid to a boil.
- As soon as the liquid reaches the boiling point, lower the heat to the minimum and simmer the ingredients for 30 minutes, or until there are properly cooked.
- Once the time has elapsed, add in the mustard and blend the ingredients together to complete the dish. Remember to taste the soup and adjust salt if necessary before serving.
Preparation Time: 10m
Cooking Time: 30m
Total Time: 40m
Storage Times: keeps for 2 days in the fridge