When cravings for sweets appear, and fruit isn’t the answer, the only remaining option is to get cooking… or not! Recently Miriam managed to find a combination of ingredients (some of which are unusual for a sweet preparation) that are able to create some spectacular date balls with a pretty intense custard flavour, and the funny thing is that there is no cooking involved. In case you are wondering, these beauties are not only delicious, but also wholesome and gluten-free.
- To begin with, finely grate the carrot and pit the dates.
- Place the pitted dates, the grated carrots, the oats, the lemon zest and the vanilla extract into a food processor, and pulse the ingredients until they become a sort of rough paste, which is the final mixture.
- Now, wet a measuring spoon and your hands with some water.
- Take a scoop of the mixture, roll it into a ball with your hands and set it aside. Repeat the process until you run out of mixture.
- The very last step, is to dip the date balls into the coconut flakes.
- Refrigerate the balls for 2 hours before serving so that the flavours will properly blend.
- The coconut flakes (or dehydrated shredded coconut) can be substituted by coconut flour.
Preparation Time: 10m
Resting Time: 2h
Total Time: 2h 10m
Storage Times: Keeps for 4 days in the fridge