Despite the low popularity of tutorials on how to cook ingredients, we feel that they really are one of the best ways available to improve the consistency and abilities of the home cook. Cooking rice is indeed an easy task, but there are so many ways to achieve great results, so we simply couldn’t miss the opportunity to share our favourite way to prepare some perfectly cooked and aromatic basmati rice. I should probably mention that we have a few restaurateur Indian friends who are always amazed by the quality of our basmati rice. Well, now that you have our recipe, you’ll be able to impress any guest with no effort whatsoever.
- Place a saucepan over a high heat and pour in the water.
- As soon as the water starts to boil, tip in the rice and stir it with a fork.
- Bring the water back to a boil, cover the pan with the lid, lower the heat to the minimum and cook the rice for 10 minutes without increasing the heat and without removing the lid.
- Once the time has elapsed, turn off the heat and leave the rice to steam undisturbed for another three minutes without removing the lid.
- Once the cooking process has come to an end, remove the lid and gently fluff the rice with a fork.
Preparation Time: 5m
Cooking Time: 15m
Total Time: 20m