This Indian tea is both spicy and sweet with the peppery flavour of the cardamom and the warmth of ginger mingling within. You can buy ready-made chai teabags, but we think this version, which uses several key ingredients alongside your everyday teabags, has such a gorgeous taste. It is aromatic and indulgent in nature, but is still low in fat. Delicious cold or hot, and displaying a sensational golden colour, this drink will transport you to distant and exotic lands – well, mentally, anyway. But when we’ve found a recipe for a chai tea that also has teleporting properties we’ll be sure to let you know.
- Crush the cardamom pods and cut the slices of ginger.
- Place a saucepan over a medium heat and pour in the milk.
- Add in the crushed cardamom pods, the ginger, the cinnamon stick and the tea bags.
- Bring the liquid to the boil and cook the ingredients for five minutes. During this time the milk should remain at simmering temperature and you should stir frequently to avoid letting the milk foam.
- Once the time has elapsed separate the liquid from the solids with a tea strainer, and serve.