I love this dish for a number of reasons: it’s delicious, it’s very healthy, and it cooks itself without having to do much to get it right! Could you ask for more from plant-based cuisine? Well, I don’t know about that, but I do know that once you’ve tried this dish, you won’t be able to stop making it for quite some time, which is exactly what happened to us. The combination of savoury ingredients perfectly balance with the sweetness of the potatoes, creating one of the most exquisite Mediterranean dishes ever.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (360°F).
- Chop all the vegetables into large pieces apart from the garlic, which should be finely sliced.
- Transfer the vegetables, the garlic, the salt, the dried herbs and the fresh basil into a bowl, and mix the ingredients by hand to properly disperse the seasonings.
- Take an oven dish and add in the water followed by the mixed vegetables. Our dish was 20 centimetres large (eight inches).
- Level the vegetables and randomly add the tomato sauce on top of them. For this recipe we used both our own herb mix and tomato sauce. However, feel free to use any sauce and dried herb you desire.
- Place the dish into the preheated oven and cook the veggies for 15 minutes.
- Once the time has elapsed, remove the dish from the oven and stir the vegetables. Sweet potatoes take a little longer than the other vegetables to cook, so whilst stirring try to place them at the bottom of the pan, where they will cook faster due to the presence of the water.
- Place the dish back into the oven, and cook the veggies for another 15 minutes. You want to cook dish for 1 hour in total, stirring it every 15 minutes.
- At the end of the last 15 minutes of cooking time, the vegetables will be ready to be enjoyed and you don’t need to stir them again.
Preparation Time: 10m
Cooking Time: 1h
Total Time: 1h 10m
Cooking Temperature: 180°C - 355°F
Storage Times: Keeps for 2 days in the fridge.