There are two versions of Mexican salsa, the cooked and the raw one. Being that they are quite delicious, we decided to share the recipe for both of them, and the one you are watching now is for the raw version. This delicious and refreshing salad is one of the most popular Mexican preparations and it is best served with tortilla chips and as a filling for some state-of-the-art tortillas.
1 tbsplime juice
- Cut the tomatoes in half and scoop the seeds out with a spoon.
- Slice the tomatoes and dice them to the size of your preference.
- Juice the lime and finely dice the onions, the chilli and the coriander.
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix them properly to complete the salsa. To obtain a superb salsa, it is best to make it anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours before serving it so that the flavours have the time to properly blend.
Substitutions and Tips
- Feel free to use your favorite variety of chili for this dish.
- The tomatoes should be weighted after the seeds have been removed.
Serving Size: 100g Calories: 22kcal Carbohydrate: 5g Sugar: 2.8g Fiber: 1.3g Fat: 0.2g Unsaturated Fat: 0.2g Protein: 1g Sodium: 132mg Water: 93g