The traditional version of eggplant parmesan is a very flavoursome yet unhealthy dish, as it is loaded with oils and cheese. However, our version is certainly not going to share the same unhealthy characteristics. Obviously food can’t always be prepared thinking about health, so you can imagine our surprise when we developed this dish and then realised that there wasn’t even one unhealthy ingredient in it. I just love this low-fat, plant-based cuisine!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (360°F).
- Use a mandolin to finely slice all the vegetables. The only rule is the finer, the better.
- Take an oven dish of the desired dimension and spread a layer of tomato sauce. Layer the the sliced vegetables following no specific order.
- The dish should have tomato sauce both on the top and on the bottom.
- Once finished, cover the oven dish with aluminium foil and cook in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Once the time has elapsed, remove the foil from the dish and cook for additional 20 minutes to complete the dish.
Preparation Time: 10m
Cooking Time: 30m
Total Time: 40m
Cooking Temperature: 180°C - 360°F