I know what you are thinking: "but that doesn’t look like a spread!" You are right, but since this thing is super-delicious when paired with bread, I simply decided to call it spread despite it not resembling one in the slightest. This exquisite mushroom preparation is capable of delivering some really bold flavours onto your table and the good thing is that it can be prepared in minutes without any hassle.
- Finely chop the mushrooms, the onions and the garlic.
- Place a pan over a medium heat and add in all the vegetables followed by the milk.
- Add in some freshly ground black pepper, a pinch of salt and some thyme.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce the heat to the minimum, cover the pan with the lid and let the mushrooms cook for two or three minutes.
- Once the time is up, remove the lid and continue to cook the mushrooms over a medium heat to evaporate all the residual liquid.
- This process should take approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- When the liquid is almost all gone, add in the yogurt and stir well to combine. Keep cooking the mushrooms until you end with a creamy, mushroom medley.
- Taste the mixture and adjust salt if desired.
Preparation Time: 10m
Cooking Time: 20m
Total Time: 30m