Despite the exotic name and provenance, this salad is actually consumed by the Italians like no one else. We are simply addicted to the creaminess of the sauce that perfectly coats those tangy, crunchy and perfectly-cooked ingredients. What we are proposing here is our low-fat take on this popular dish, and rest assured that with the high expectations we have for this dish, we are surely not going to accept any poor-tasting result. Enjoy the preparation and don’t forget to comment to share your opinion with us.
- Dice the carrots and the potatoes into cubes of roughly one centimetre (½ an inch). Dice the pickled cucumbers and the onions into small pieces.
- Take a large bowl and tip in the yogurt, the mayo, the pickling vinegar, and give the ingredients a good stir.
- Add some black pepper, a pinch of smoked paprika, salt to taste and stir.
- Add all the vegetables apart form the potatoes into the bowl and stir again to combine.
- Add the potatoes, stir them in, and make sure not to over mix the ingredients, or the potatoes will break apart.
- Cover the bowl with some cling film and store it in the fridge for at least one hour before serving, and remember to taste it and adjust salt if necessary.