This is our first ever recipe using this interesting and relatively new cooking technique, where you place all the ingredients into the pan and hope that your friends at The Vegan Corner gave you a good recipe. Well, rest assured that we always strive to give you good recipes, as it wouldn’t make sense to do otherwise. However, it is up to you to decide if this is the kind of dish you like. If forced to guess, I’d say that you will not only like the straightforward and easy preparation, but also the super-tasty combination of ingredients.
1 tbspparsley, chopped (20 leaves)
- Pour the water and salt into a non–stick pan, place it over a high heat and bring the water to the boil.
- Once the liquid reaches boiling point, tip in the pasta, the broccoli, the peas, and bring to the boil once again.
- As soon as the liquid is back to boiling point, turn the heat down to medium and start counting the cooking time, which depends upon the pasta you are using.
- During the cooking time, make sure to stir the ingredients three or four times in total.
- At the end of the cooking time, stir the ingredients, turn off the heat, cover the pan with the lid and let the pasta rest for three to four minutes.
- Once the resting time is up, adjust salt to taste, sprinkle the pasta with some parsley if desired, stir one last time and serve.
Substitutions and Tips
- In case you want to use our same ingredients, in this instance we used ‘De Cecco penne rigate N°41’ to prepare this dish. However, do know that you can use any pasta you want for this dish.
- If using gluten-free pasta, do know that it will release more starch than regular pasta, which means that the sauce will thicken much quicker and you might need to add more water into the pan.
- To obtain a a deeper flavour, try to substitute the water with vegetable stock or with black tea. The tea option might sounds strange, but it will yield a delicious final pasta.
Serving Size: 260g Calories: 322kcal Carbohydrate: 64g Starch: 46g Sugar: 4.7g Fiber: 6g Fat: 1.5g Saturated Fat: 0.3g Unsaturated Fat: 1.2g Protein: 13.2g Sodium: 760mg Water: 187g