This is the first recipe of our series on Freelee's favourite foods. If you are new to the concept of RawTill4, you might want to look into it because it is an amazing lifestyle centred on eating gorgeous food and living healthfully. In this instance we are proposing one of Freelee's favourite recipes, which in this case is a delicious-looking and healthy potato rice curry. If you are like us and enjoy eating guilt-free foods that taste simply amazing, then look no further and enjoy the preparation.
- To begin with, steam the pumpkin and the potatoes until they reach the desired crunch, and then dice them into small pieces.
- Take your favourite pan and tip in the tomato sauce, the cayenne pepper and curry powder, and stir the ingredients to properly combine them.
- Now bring the sauce to the boil, add in the peas and the corn, stir them in and bring to the boil once again.
- Once the sauce is back to the boil, tip in the diced potatoes and pumpkin and stir them in to complete the condiment for the rice. You don’t want to stir too much during this step, or the vegetables will fall apart, over thickening the sauce.
- At this point you can also taste the condiment and add salt if desired.
- Add the water into the pan to thin down the condiment just a bit, add in the rice and stir it in to complete the dish.
- The pumpkin can be substituted with any other pumpkin or squash you prefer, and it can also be substituted with sweet potatoes or carrots.
- If you have any favourite spice, feel free to add it into the recipe or to substitute it for the cayenne or the curry.
- The water can be substituted with vegetable stock to add extra depth of flavour.
Preparation Time: 10m
Cooking Time: 5m
Total Time: 15m
Storage Times: Keeps for 2 days in the fridge