Gazpacho is a very interesting Spanish preparation. It is basically the perfect combination of Mediterranean ingredients blended together to obtain the most amazing and fragrant tomato-based soup. We really enjoy this dish throughout the summer, as its light and refreshing notes perfectly balance against one of those warm days we tend to endure during the hot season.
2½ cupchopped tomatoes (13oz)
½ mediumonion (2oz)
1 mediumred bell pepper (7oz)
salt (to taste)
1 pinchblack pepper
- Place the chopped tomatoes into the food processor, blitz them and strain the liquid to separate it from the solid parts.
- Dice the whole tomatoes, the onions, the peppers and the cucumber (peeled if you want) into chucks of roughly the same size.
- Peel the garlic and finely chop it. Take a few basil leaves, pile them on top of each other and slice them finely.a
- Take the bowl with all the chopped ingredients and add in the black pepper, a generous pinch of salt and a splash Tabasco.
- Add in the previously prepared tomato juice and stir the ingredients well to combine them.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and place it in the fridge to marinate for an hour before moving on. Once the time has elapsed, place all the marinated ingredients into the blender and blend at high speed until you obtain the final soup. Remember to taste the soup and adjust salt if necessary.
Serving Size: 450g Calories: 94kcal Carbohydrate: 19.9g Sugar: 12.9g Fiber: 6g Fat: 0.9g Saturated Fat: 0.1g Unsaturated Fat: 0.8g Protein: 4.1g Sodium: 159mg Water: 422g