Of the preparations that can be veganised, cakes and baked desserts seem to be the most difficult ones, as their final quality is largely due to the use of eggs and fats. However this is not the case, in fact this recipe is not only incredibly easy to make, but will yield some delicious-looking and incredibly soft strawberry muffins, that also happen to be completely free from any added fat - try to believe it!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (355°F) and cut the strawberries into small pieces.
- Take a large bowl and tip in the sugar, the agave nectar, the non-dairy milk and whisk the ingredients.
- Sift all the powders and stir them in to complete the batter.
- Grease a muffin pan (or line it with cupcake cases) and pour in pour one tbsp of the batter in each container.
- Place a few pieces of strawberry over the batter, sprinkle a little cinnamon powder over the fruit and cover with another tablespoon of batter. Leave one centimetre (roughly ½ an inch) between the batter and the edge of the moulds.
- Bake the muffins for 15 minutes, making sure to rotate the tray half way through the cooking time to allow for even browning and rising.
Preparation Time: 10m
Cooking Time: 15m
Total Time: 25m
Cooking Temperature: 180°C - 355°F